AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

AudiutopiA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AudiutopiA

Audioenjoyment

Latest topics

»  Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player / Transport
Welcome Angel City Audio I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2013, 11:13 am by paintmaster

» Piano Black UFW12 mint....$300 reduced
Welcome Angel City Audio I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:22 pm by mobileusa

» Klipsch Klipschorns Restored by Greg Roberts
Welcome Angel City Audio I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 8:17 am by quantx

» engulfaudio
Welcome Angel City Audio I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 8:12 am by Admin

» Melody I880 For Sale
Welcome Angel City Audio I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 6:15 am by mobileusa

» M&K S150 THX system
Welcome Angel City Audio I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 9:00 pm by ch46eseaknight

» The New Setup at our Townhouse
Welcome Angel City Audio I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 8:44 am by mobileusa

» FS Oppo BDP 93
Welcome Angel City Audio I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 8:15 am by petros the plumber

» WANTED AV123- ONIX SERIES INTERGRATEDS 60'S & 120'S & CD/PLAYERs
Welcome Angel City Audio I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 12:07 pm by oddjobs

5 posters

Welcome Angel City Audio

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 171
    Thanked by peers : 4
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Welcome Angel City Audio Empty Welcome Angel City Audio

Post  Admin March 8th 2010, 8:59 pm

We are excited to have Hugh as a member and a part of AudiutopiA.

Welcome Hugh, Angel City Audio and all the North American dealers!!

Your friends at AudiutopiA
    johzel
    johzel

Number of posts : 81
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Welcome Angel City Audio Empty Re: Welcome Angel City Audio

Post  johzel March 9th 2010, 7:20 am

+1
    Hugh

Number of posts : 186
    Thanked by peers : 28
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

Post  Hugh March 9th 2010, 8:42 am

Thanks guys.

We're glad to be here.
    woofersus
    woofersus

Number of posts : 77
    Thanked by peers : 5
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post  woofersus March 9th 2010, 9:50 am

Hugh wrote:Thanks guys.

We're glad to be here.

+1

It's great to have so many "forum friends" be so supportive of us. Starting a business is tough right now, so it means a lot.
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 14th 2010, 9:31 pm

Is there a way to post pictures?
    johzel
    johzel

Post  johzel March 14th 2010, 9:43 pm

Hi Hugh. Am working with Kevin regarding some Monitor 1's to replace my Reference 1's. It was suggested by some fellow forum members that there may be some "better" options in that price range ($2G). Guess that's always the case. Care to expound on the virtues of the Monitor 1's that would make them the right choice?? Thanks.
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 14th 2010, 9:48 pm

You will need to listen to them to know for sure if they are for you.

Personally, I like them and this is no BS from me.

OTOH, can they be modified to be better? Absolutely.

Furthermore, if anybody who has never listened to a certain speaker and said such and such is better than...

johzel wrote:Hi Hugh. Am working with Kevin regarding some Monitor 1's to replace my Reference 1's. It was suggested by some fellow forum members that there may be some "better" options in that price range ($2G). Guess that's always the case. Care to expound on the virtues of the Monitor 1's that would make them the right choice?? Thanks.
    johzel
    johzel

Post  johzel March 14th 2010, 9:53 pm

Thanks, Hugh. Understood. BTW, Kevin has been wonderful to work with. Looking forward to moving forward. Have to sell some other stuff first, anyone looking for a Pair of Reference 1.0's or PB Strata Mini's . . . let me know.
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 14th 2010, 9:57 pm

Why would you want to sell the Minis?

They are good speakers.
    johzel wrote:Thanks, Hugh. Understood. BTW, Kevin has been wonderful to work with. Looking forward to moving forward. Have to sell some other stuff first, anyone looking for a Pair of Reference 1.0's or PB Strata Mini's . . . let me know.
    johzel
    johzel

Post  johzel March 14th 2010, 10:12 pm

I'm trying to set up two systems. One in "my" room and one in our living room. Just purchased a pair of Quads 22L2's that I want to use downstairs ("my" room) - system "A". Not sure the Mini's would be appreciated by my wife upstairs due to size. The definition and accuracy of the Quads made me think I prefer that style over the more laid back style of the Mini's. Hence, I thought the Monitor 1's would be a nice move up from the Reference 1's. So, I'd sell both the Ref.1's and the Mini's . . . the other possibility of course is to move the Quad to the living room (gorgeous, easily pass the wife criteria) and leave the Mini's in "my" room. Could certainly do that. And of course, the beauty of that is I own the Mini's . . . so, it's really between the Monitors (w/a sub possibly) and the Mini's. That's the competition.
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 14th 2010, 10:24 pm

Both options sound good.

It really depends on your taste.
    Do you prefer the laid-back (NOT descriptively accurate but...) or more forward sound?

I'll take the Monitor in stock form over the stock Mini BUT if you have the Ninja Master Mini then it's a different scenario.
    Furthermore, if you add solid state and tube into the mix then you'll have another thing to consider. Smile

Whatever it is, take your time to thoroughly explore and experience for yourself.
    I'm not into pump and dump and I believe my dealers share this thought so we may lose a sale but we gain a friend for the long haul.

johzel wrote:I'm trying to set up two systems. One in "my" room and one in our living room. Just purchased a pair of Quads 22L2's that I want to use downstairs ("my" room) - system "A". Not sure the Mini's would be appreciated by my wife upstairs due to size. The definition and accuracy of the Quads made me think I prefer that style over the more laid back style of the Mini's. Hence, I thought the Monitor 1's would be a nice move up from the Reference 1's. So, I'd sell both the Ref.1's and the Mini's . . . the other possibility of course is to move the Quad to the living room (gorgeous, easily pass the wife criteria) and leave the Mini's in "my" room. Could certainly do that. And of course, the beauty of that is I own the Mini's . . . so, it's really between the Monitors (w/a sub possibly) and the Mini's. That's the competition.
    johzel
    johzel

Post  johzel March 14th 2010, 10:37 pm

Well, since we're into this. I have a H34 tube amp (currently) and a solid state NAD C355BEE amp. The Mini's would stay with the tubes - the NAD stays upstairs. I had a long listening session with the Ref.1's, Mini's, Quads and Ref.1.8's. Was convinced I liked the Quads, 1.8's and Mini's in that order. Then played an old CD featuring a kick bass part and the Mini's came ahead - of course, the subs made all the difference on that song. Frankly, I could live happily ever after with any of those speakers but am trying to get my systems set so I can turn my attention to the approaching golf season!! One other caveat, how does the Music 1 compare to the Ref. 1's. What I don't want to do is move laterally - that would be silly. Oh, and I don't want to mod anything. I don't have a handy bone in my body.
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 15th 2010, 7:45 am

Good morning,

Good thinking about H34 & Mini.

Here is my thought.

1. If you're not into modifying the Mini, which I am with you on this and this was why I had Sean did the whole thing for me, then I'd say try to sell the Mini to get something else.

2. The Music1 is actually the Ref1MK... with new cabinet and revised crossover. It is one step above the last version of Ref1.

Hope this helps.

johzel wrote:Well, since we're into this. I have a H34 tube amp (currently) and a solid state NAD C355BEE amp. The Mini's would stay with the tubes - the NAD stays upstairs. I had a long listening session with the Ref.1's, Mini's, Quads and Ref.1.8's. Was convinced I liked the Quads, 1.8's and Mini's in that order. Then played an old CD featuring a kick bass part and the Mini's came ahead - of course, the subs made all the difference on that song. Frankly, I could live happily ever after with any of those speakers but am trying to get my systems set so I can turn my attention to the approaching golf season!! One other caveat, how does the Music 1 compare to the Ref. 1's. What I don't want to do is move laterally - that would be silly. Oh, and I don't want to mod anything. I don't have a handy bone in my body.
    woofersus
    woofersus

Post  woofersus March 15th 2010, 8:01 am

I think the Monitor 1 would stand alone with no sub a little better than the Ref 1. It digs a little deeper because the cabinet is a bit larger. It won't keep up with the Mini on that front, but it would be a little closer.

The Monitor 1's would have a sound more similar to the Ref's than the Mini's obviously, but they're definitely a step up from the Ref 1's, so no worries about a lateral move. It will come down to what sonic signature you prefer vs. another brand.

I also think the H34 would likely be a good pairing with the Monitor 1's.
    johzel
    johzel

Post  johzel March 15th 2010, 10:06 am

Thanks you guys. I think the Monitor 1's might move me in the direction my ears would prefer. I would guess adding a sub to them would definitely take me there. Good news is I don't have to be impulsive about it - the Mini's are awesome speakers in the meanwhile. Plus, the Quads are different than the Mini's so I get to enjoy two different styles. I'm leaning toward trying to sell the Mini's and Ref. 1's and then purchasing Monitor 1's from Kevin with the idea of adding a small sub some day.
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 15th 2010, 10:35 am

Excellent.

Whichever way you're going, we'll be here to help.
    johzel wrote:Thanks you guys. I think the Monitor 1's might move me in the direction my ears would prefer. I would guess adding a sub to them would definitely take me there. Good news is I don't have to be impulsive about it - the Mini's are awesome speakers in the meanwhile. Plus, the Quads are different than the Mini's so I get to enjoy two different styles. I'm leaning toward trying to sell the Mini's and Ref. 1's and then purchasing Monitor 1's from Kevin with the idea of adding a small sub some day.
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post  mobileusa March 17th 2010, 9:09 pm

Hugh, where can I find a PDF catalog?
    woofersus
    woofersus

Post  woofersus March 17th 2010, 10:14 pm

There is one, but it won't have the information you want. Perhaps I should work on one of those. For the moment, you could look at the list of models and pictures I posted over at Tweak City Audio, (includes the Melody gear) or you could go to Hugh's website for quick reference to detailed specs and pricing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 8:00 am