AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

AudiutopiA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AudiutopiA

Audioenjoyment

Latest topics

»  Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player / Transport
MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2013, 11:13 am by paintmaster

» Piano Black UFW12 mint....$300 reduced
MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:22 pm by mobileusa

» Klipsch Klipschorns Restored by Greg Roberts
MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 8:17 am by quantx

» engulfaudio
MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 8:12 am by Admin

» Melody I880 For Sale
MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 6:15 am by mobileusa

» M&K S150 THX system
MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 9:00 pm by ch46eseaknight

» The New Setup at our Townhouse
MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 8:44 am by mobileusa

» FS Oppo BDP 93
MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 8:15 am by petros the plumber

» WANTED AV123- ONIX SERIES INTERGRATEDS 60'S & 120'S & CD/PLAYERs
MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 12:07 pm by oddjobs

+7
skeeter99
dwayland
ch46eseaknight
Admin
Uncle Paul
Hugh
mobileusa
11 posters

MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS

Hugh

Number of posts : 186
    Thanked by peers : 28
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 Empty Re: MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS

Post  Hugh June 20th 2010, 5:31 pm

Well Mr. Mobile, where is your impression?

Are you that deep in the tube world that nobody can locate you? Very Happy
    tjcarst

Number of posts : 44
    Thanked by peers : 6
    Registration date : 2010-02-26

Post  tjcarst July 7th 2010, 1:36 pm

Is this the I880? Looks like several Melody amps are available in Astro Black 50.
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post  mobileusa July 7th 2010, 2:02 pm

Well,
    After weeks of listening...this, along with the whole Melody family, is a great piece. Not only does it look great and make you want to drive a fast car, it emits sounds that my Strata Minis love, warm, detailed, very nice well defined sound-stage, and bass that you wouldn't believe. It even did my ONIX Reference 2's justice, although not as deep as the Minis.
    We had a small gathering with a few friends and a couple I didn't know a few weeks back but at the end of the night, we were all enjoying the sounds of this superb amp. The mix of music was anywhere from Spanish guitar acoustic, classical, to Allman Brothers and Tool....and it was a wide variety in between. The acoustic, classical, vocal, and lead guitars were very, very detailed and after listening for three hours, my ears wanted more. The mid-range was also full and detailed, but the surprise, to most of us was the bass. Full bass and clear, not boomy but punchy. I'm not saying it was an annoying "slam", it was more a realistic punch.
    The amp did keep up with the detail of separation of instruments, pure tonal quality and seemed to flow effortlessly. As you know in a group, there are a few who want to crank it and really test the amp. There was no hesitation. Compared to my SP3 or H34, the Astro Black 50 is far superior than the older ONIX relatives. If you have any chance of an audio, take it, you won't be sorry. If you are passing through Mobile, come by, have a Sam Adams, or two but you won't see the Melody Astro 50....I sold it to one of the guys here that night....looks like I'll have to order some more...is that OK Hugh?
    tjcarst

Post  tjcarst July 7th 2010, 2:08 pm

Thanks for the review!

http://www.melodyvalvehifi.com/collection.htm
    Listed on the website I see Astro Black 50 as a color choice for the I880 and SP9. Is there an amp that is going to assume that name?

I am not familiar with the Melody line to know which one you have. Embarassed

Last edited by tjcarst on July 7th 2010, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remove M880 - it is Pure Black 50)
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa July 7th 2010, 2:34 pm

I880...
    tjcarst

Post  tjcarst July 7th 2010, 2:34 pm

Ah! I thought that was a color indication, I didn't realize it was a model. Thanks!
    woofersus
    woofersus

Number of posts : 77
    Thanked by peers : 5
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post  woofersus July 7th 2010, 2:53 pm

I believe Melody had different names for certain markets, so both are listed on their website. Hugh has indicated we will be using the "Astro" names for the amps, but I don't know that it's set in stone yet. It will be once we begin advertising.
    tjcarst

Post  tjcarst July 7th 2010, 2:57 pm

Any plans for one of these making it to my area (Lincoln, NE)? How do you find out about demo gtg's?
    woofersus
    woofersus

Post  woofersus July 7th 2010, 3:06 pm

tjcarst wrote:Any plans for one of these making it to my area (Lincoln, NE)? How do you find out about demo gtg's?

There haven't been many demo gtg's as of yet, but I'm sure they'll be posted here and elsewhere when they happen. Unfortunately, your area is a bit far from any of us, so if there's a demo gtg nearby you'll probably be hosting it. Wink

There will be some gtg's related to the new LCR's that Hugh is working on, and maybe even a demo tour or something eventually. We'll probably put more effort into getting word out about the melody stuff at the same time. Shipping can be a bit much on those heavy tube amps, though, so that's a little tougher than the speakers for a demo tour. Also, we'll be at both RMAF and CES this year.

You're in the ninja's territory, so you can get more detail from him on specifics, but if there were to be a cornhusker gtg it's possible a number of us might try to make the trek.
    tjcarst

Post  tjcarst July 7th 2010, 3:22 pm

Thanks, Tim.

I would love a gtg in Lincoln. Not sure I have the right environment to do justice to the gear or have enough listening room.

I possibly lack adequate power, I have a rack that is a pain to swap out gear, small rooms (one with a 14' ceiling and wood floors, the other a basement with 8' ceilings). I would need to get my husband on board as well. Rolling Eyes

Terri
    Hugh

Post  Hugh July 7th 2010, 9:14 pm

The I880 is now called Astro Black 50.
    tjcarst wrote:Is this the I880? Looks like several Melody amps are available in Astro Black 50.
    Hugh

Post  Hugh July 7th 2010, 9:14 pm

Sure thing Robert.

Keep up the good work.
    mobileusa wrote:Well,
    After weeks of listening...this, along with the whole Melody family, is a great piece. Not only does it look great and make you want to drive a fast car, it emits sounds that my Strata Minis love, warm, detailed, very nice well defined sound-stage, and bass that you wouldn't believe. It even did my ONIX Reference 2's justice, although not as deep as the Minis.
    We had a small gathering with a few friends and a couple I didn't know a few weeks back but at the end of the night, we were all enjoying the sounds of this superb amp. The mix of music was anywhere from Spanish guitar acoustic, classical, to Allman Brothers and Tool....and it was a wide variety in between. The acoustic, classical, vocal, and lead guitars were very, very detailed and after listening for three hours, my ears wanted more. The mid-range was also full and detailed, but the surprise, to most of us was the bass. Full bass and clear, not boomy but punchy. I'm not saying it was an annoying "slam", it was more a realistic punch.
    The amp did keep up with the detail of separation of instruments, pure tonal quality and seemed to flow effortlessly. As you know in a group, there are a few who want to crank it and really test the amp. There was no hesitation. Compared to my SP3 or H34, the Astro Black 50 is far superior than the older ONIX relatives. If you have any chance of an audio, take it, you won't be sorry. If you are passing through Mobile, come by, have a Sam Adams, or two but you won't see the Melody Astro 50....I sold it to one of the guys here that night....looks like I'll have to order some more...is that OK Hugh?
    Hugh

Post  Hugh July 7th 2010, 9:15 pm

I decided not to bring in SP9 for the time being.
    tjcarst wrote:Thanks for the review!

http://www.melodyvalvehifi.com/collection.htm
    Listed on the website I see Astro Black 50 as a color choice for the I880 and SP9. Is there an amp that is going to assume that name?

I am not familiar with the Melody line to know which one you have. Embarassed
    Hugh

Post  Hugh July 7th 2010, 9:16 pm

Good thinking Tim.
    woofersus wrote:
    tjcarst wrote:Any plans for one of these making it to my area (Lincoln, NE)? How do you find out about demo gtg's?

There haven't been many demo gtg's as of yet, but I'm sure they'll be posted here and elsewhere when they happen. Unfortunately, your area is a bit far from any of us, so if there's a demo gtg nearby you'll probably be hosting it. Wink

There will be some gtg's related to the new LCR's that Hugh is working on, and maybe even a demo tour or something eventually. We'll probably put more effort into getting word out about the melody stuff at the same time. Shipping can be a bit much on those heavy tube amps, though, so that's a little tougher than the speakers for a demo tour. Also, we'll be at both RMAF and CES this year.

You're in the ninja's territory, so you can get more detail from him on specifics, but if there were to be a cornhusker gtg it's possible a number of us might try to make the trek.
    Hugh

Post  Hugh July 7th 2010, 9:18 pm

Terri,

Please get your husband in sync with this then let me know.

A Lincoln gtg may not be a bad idea. Smile
    tjcarst wrote:Thanks, Tim.

I would love a gtg in Lincoln. Not sure I have the right environment to do justice to the gear or have enough listening room.

I possibly lack adequate power, I have a rack that is a pain to swap out gear, small rooms (one with a 14' ceiling and wood floors, the other a basement with 8' ceilings). I would need to get my husband on board as well. Rolling Eyes

Terri
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa July 8th 2010, 7:35 am

tjcarst wrote:Thanks, Tim.

Terri

Give your husband my cell number, I
    ll talk him into it... Twisted Evil ...... I mean ... Smile
    tjcarst

Post  tjcarst July 8th 2010, 4:59 pm

Hmmm... Not sure that's going to do much good. Would certainly let you try, though. He is getting sick of me talking about finding the right amp for my Minis. This would let me try a few and pick the one that worked best. Smile
    Hugh

Post  Hugh July 9th 2010, 10:48 am

Terri,

What pre are you using?
    tjcarst wrote:Hmmm... Not sure that's going to do much good. Would certainly let you try, though. He is getting sick of me talking about finding the right amp for my Minis. This would let me try a few and pick the one that worked best. Smile
    tjcarst

Post  tjcarst July 9th 2010, 1:01 pm

Peachtree Nova. Love the DAC!
    tjcarst

Post  tjcarst July 9th 2010, 2:15 pm

I am heading out now for a camping trip. Should return Wednesday.

Didn't want anyone wondering why I wasn't around being a pest. What a Face
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa July 16th 2010, 12:16 pm

tjcarst wrote:I am heading out now for a camping trip. Should return Wednesday.

how was the trip?
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa July 16th 2010, 12:20 pm

BTW, here are some more pics of the Astro 50....
    MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 0324287640

MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 0344370729

MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 0354403101
    tjcarst

Post  tjcarst August 14th 2010, 12:58 pm

mobileusa wrote:
    tjcarst wrote:I am heading out now for a camping trip. Should return Wednesday.

how was the trip?

Rained at night, sunny in the day with calm waters for fishing. Stayed on the water 4-6 hours a day, long enough for me.

Some poor soul managed to go overboard and did not make it out. Fishing alone. We were the second or third boat to discover his boat on the water going around in circles. Some jet skiers were flagging people down to get assistance. Very sad. Made for some interesting events as the search teams looked by air and water. Never found out what happened, but am guessing a medical condition.

Terri
    tjcarst

Post  tjcarst August 14th 2010, 1:03 pm

BTW - Nice pics, thanks for sharing!

Also, when trying to reply I clicked on something and it said my vote was cast. Sorry about that... Click happy I guess.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 171
    Thanked by peers : 4
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 Empty Melody MK88 Review...

Post  Admin March 13th 2011, 9:47 am

woofersus
    woofersus

MELODY VALVE TUBE AMPLIFIERS - Page 2 Empty New review of the Pure Black 101 Preamp

Post  woofersus March 15th 2011, 12:38 pm

EnjoyTheMusic.com has a review of the Pure Black 101 (formerly P1688 sig) in this month's issue:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0311/melody_valve_hifi_pure_black_101.htm
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 171
    Thanked by peers : 4
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post  Admin April 28th 2011, 3:45 pm

Still loving mine flower

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 5:48 am