AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

AudiutopiA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AudiutopiA

Audioenjoyment

Latest topics

»  Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player / Transport
which two channel do you have? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2013, 11:13 am by paintmaster

» Piano Black UFW12 mint....$300 reduced
which two channel do you have? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:22 pm by mobileusa

» Klipsch Klipschorns Restored by Greg Roberts
which two channel do you have? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 8:17 am by quantx

» engulfaudio
which two channel do you have? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 8:12 am by Admin

» Melody I880 For Sale
which two channel do you have? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 6:15 am by mobileusa

» M&K S150 THX system
which two channel do you have? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 9:00 pm by ch46eseaknight

» The New Setup at our Townhouse
which two channel do you have? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 8:44 am by mobileusa

» FS Oppo BDP 93
which two channel do you have? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 8:15 am by petros the plumber

» WANTED AV123- ONIX SERIES INTERGRATEDS 60'S & 120'S & CD/PLAYERs
which two channel do you have? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 12:07 pm by oddjobs

+16
tesseract
johzel
GiveMeMusic
woofersus
Hugh
jedinite24
Django1
madpoet
edward
washburn
timind
ch46eseaknight
etcarroll
Admin
CloudStrife
mobileusa
20 posters

which two channel do you have?

mobileusa
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

which two channel do you have? - Page 2 Empty Re: which two channel do you have?

Post  mobileusa September 17th 2010, 9:27 am

keep me informed with the DIY....
    Steve_vai_rules
    Steve_vai_rules

Number of posts : 31
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

which two channel do you have? - Page 2 Empty Re: which two channel do you have?

Post  Steve_vai_rules September 19th 2010, 12:09 am

for sure. All this prototyping and testing is slow going but progress is being made! Smile cheers

Matt
    johzel
    johzel

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

which two channel do you have? - Page 2 Empty Current Systems - looking for a DAC

Post  johzel September 24th 2010, 7:21 am

Guess I haven't been around for awhile. I've settled in on two systems - one downstairs and one upstairs (which has limited space for speakers).

Downstairs System:
    - Belles 22A preamp/Belles Reference 150A amp
    - Exemplar Modded Oppo Universal Player - "Expo"
    - Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers
    - Pro-ject Xpression III table w/Tube Box ii Phono Stage
    - Analysis Interconnects, Acoustic Zen Satori cables

Upstairs System:
    - Wyred 4 Sound STi-500 Integrated Amp
    - Audio Space CDP-8A CD player
    - Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers
    - Gallo speaker cables/Wire World Equinox Interconnects

I'm thinking of adding a DAC upstairs in preparation of adding computer based music - am considering the new W4S DAC1 or DAC2 and also the Eastern Electric DAC but am open to suggestions.
    woofersus
    woofersus

Number of posts : 77
    Thanked by peers : 5
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post  woofersus September 24th 2010, 10:18 pm

johzel wrote:
    I'm thinking of adding a DAC upstairs in preparation of adding computer based music - am considering the new W4S DAC1 or DAC2 and also the Eastern Electric DAC but am open to suggestions.

Well, I know where you can get a lightly demoed Onix DAC-25 for 20% off... Wink
    johzel
    johzel

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post  johzel September 25th 2010, 6:07 am

woofersus wrote:

Thought maybe that would be the case Smile Will have to compare specs - the new W4S DAC2 uses Asynchronous USB and works up to 192k which is bringing some nice reviews. I sort of like the tube output on the Eastern Electric and it's pricepoint is attractive - must admit not knowing much about DAC's.

Tim, you carry Robert's Acoustic Zen products too don't you? The Adagios are magnificent!! At least IMO.

woofersus
    woofersus

Number of posts : 77
    Thanked by peers : 5
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post  woofersus September 25th 2010, 8:32 am

johzel wrote:
    woofersus wrote:

Thought maybe that would be the case Smile Will have to compare specs - the new W4S DAC2 uses Asynchronous USB and works up to 192k which is bringing some nice reviews. I sort of like the tube output on the Eastern Electric and it's pricepoint is attractive - must admit not knowing much about DAC's.

Tim, you carry Robert's Acoustic Zen products too don't you? The Adagios are magnificent!! At least IMO.

Well the WFS DAC-2 is in a very different price range than the Onix DAC-25 ($1500 according to their website) so they won't match up feature-for-feature. Even the DAC-1 is almost twice the price. I can't say how they would compare in terms of sound, but in it's price range I believe the DAC-25 aquits itself fairly well. In a shootout at a gtg recently I liked it better than the more expensive Channel Islands VDA-2. There was also a PS Audio Digital Link III which I found to be equal but slightly different. (the PS Audio was slightly smoother but less lively and engaging)

The DAC-25 is an upsampling DAC that can be set to 96k or 192k, but the USB input is only 16-bit/48k. (as is the WFS DAC-1 and all other DACs near that price range)
    UncleM

Number of posts : 1
    Thanked by peers : 10
    Registration date : 2011-01-10

which two channel do you have? - Page 2 Empty 1975 SX-1010

Post  UncleM January 13th 2011, 8:29 am

48 lbs of big current 110wpc X 2 vintage Pioneer power. More depth and detail than any modern 200w under $2,500. SD-1010 was $750 through base PC in 1975. No speaker down to 4ohm it won't make shine. I know there are other 1010's out there but "this one's mine."
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post  mobileusa January 13th 2011, 4:48 pm

UncleM wrote:48 lbs of big current 110wpc X 2 vintage Pioneer power. More depth and detail than any modern 200w under $2,500. SD-1010 was $750 through base PC in 1975. No speaker down to 4ohm it won't make shine. I know there are other 1010's out there but "this one's mine."

pic please Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 11:11 pm