AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

AudiutopiA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AudiutopiA

Audioenjoyment

Latest topics

»  Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player / Transport
Rosewood is my favorite finish.... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2013, 11:13 am by paintmaster

» Piano Black UFW12 mint....$300 reduced
Rosewood is my favorite finish.... I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:22 pm by mobileusa

» Klipsch Klipschorns Restored by Greg Roberts
Rosewood is my favorite finish.... I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 8:17 am by quantx

» engulfaudio
Rosewood is my favorite finish.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 8:12 am by Admin

» Melody I880 For Sale
Rosewood is my favorite finish.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 6:15 am by mobileusa

» M&K S150 THX system
Rosewood is my favorite finish.... I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 9:00 pm by ch46eseaknight

» The New Setup at our Townhouse
Rosewood is my favorite finish.... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 8:44 am by mobileusa

» FS Oppo BDP 93
Rosewood is my favorite finish.... I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 8:15 am by petros the plumber

» WANTED AV123- ONIX SERIES INTERGRATEDS 60'S & 120'S & CD/PLAYERs
Rosewood is my favorite finish.... I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 12:07 pm by oddjobs

+4
SilverGSX
woofersus
CloudStrife
mobileusa
8 posters

Rosewood is my favorite finish....

mobileusa
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Rosewood is my favorite finish.... Empty Rosewood is my favorite finish....

Post  mobileusa January 30th 2009, 11:15 pm

what about you?...
    CloudStrife
    CloudStrife

Number of posts : 92
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Rosewood is my favorite finish.... Empty Re: Rosewood is my favorite finish....

Post  CloudStrife February 2nd 2009, 4:49 pm

Rosewood then BEM (or WSM) then Cherry. And piano makes everything better.
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa February 3rd 2009, 7:21 pm

i have some Rosewood ref 1's w/ piano but i have a pair of Quad 12L2's that the piano finish is spectacular...
    woofersus
    woofersus

Number of posts : 77
    Thanked by peers : 5
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post  woofersus February 8th 2009, 10:22 pm

I think I have to vote rosewood as well, but I've always liked the look of rich, dark woods as well. I think a piano mahogany would be pretty amazing. I'm not a fan of BEM or most other light finishes, but I do think AV123's Moho is cool looking - just wouldn't work in my house.
    SilverGSX

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  SilverGSX February 13th 2009, 7:37 am

I love the look of the moho finish. My X-Statiks are moho and I had originally thought cherry would look best, but I took that back as soon as I saw these in person.

While rosewood looks good, I feel it'd probably look out of place on X-Statiks, as well as moho would probably look out of place on Rockets.

Rosewood is my favorite finish.... Xstatik3ak1
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa February 13th 2009, 9:01 am

nice combination of black metal, black wood, and natural wood finish....very nice...
    ch46eseaknight

Number of posts : 106
    Thanked by peers : 3
    Registration date : 2009-02-27

Post  ch46eseaknight February 28th 2009, 2:32 am

Thoes are very nice looking. Right before I left Listen Up Audio, I seem to remember a set of B&W 805's that had like a laquered deep rosewood. I though they were the sharpest in the store.

I don't much care for the finish on my Paradigms,Light oak or somthing. Either way, thier like a cheap paper vaneer but my Sat's (Surrounds and center) are a nice black piano laquered finish. When dusted they really shine.
    ch46eseaknight

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2009-02-27

Post  ch46eseaknight February 28th 2009, 2:34 am

Has anyone seen a cabinet finished in Black Walnut? Have always loved the look. I was thinking it is to hard of a wood? Question
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa February 28th 2009, 7:49 pm

I saw some burled walnut. Most black walnut I've sen it almost black...
    efesbe

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Post  efesbe March 10th 2009, 6:41 pm

I think the x-statics looks the best in Moho. I almost got the black ones but was in a financial problem at the time and had to cancel. I now have the Piano Rosewood Strata Mini's. I was torn between piano black or piano rosewood on these things. Had the opportunity to trade for piano blacks but decided to keep the rosewoods eventhough it doesn't match anything I have.

[img]Rosewood is my favorite finish.... 576211[/img]
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa March 10th 2009, 10:07 pm

nice minis... I love mine but I do love your piano finish...
    alphaiii

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post  alphaiii April 12th 2009, 8:54 pm

So far, non-vinyl speaker finishes I've had:
    Rosewood - av123 ELT525 and Onix Ref 0.5
    Rosenut - Energy RC-10
    Cherry - Energy RC-10/RC-Mini
    Piano Black - NHT SB1

Of these, the Ref 0.5 rosewood was my favorite, with the ELT rosewood and Energy cherry following closely. The Energy rosenut is nice, but the red is a bit more brownish and the grain is less prominent and doesn't stand out as much, compared to av123's rosewood. Energy's cherry finish is very nice however...not an overly orange finish like av123's cherry (based on pics I've seen). Piano black is nice, but it's a dust and fingerprint magnet, and sometimes the reflections are annoying.

The finish I ultimately want in my home is the natural bamboo of the Ascend Sierra's.
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa April 13th 2009, 8:21 am

bamboo?...interesting....
    jedinite24

Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Rosewood is my favorite finish.... Empty Rosewood vs. other finishes

Post  jedinite24 March 10th 2010, 9:28 pm

Hmm I'd have to say Cherry, Black Ash, then maybe Oak are my favorite finishes for speakers. I know really boring but those are the finishes I like. I guess I don't like the Rosewood finish because that was the color of a majority of the furniture my parents had when I was growing up and even to this day. JD

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 12:35 am