AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

AudiutopiA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AudiutopiA

Audioenjoyment

Latest topics

»  Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player / Transport
Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2013, 11:13 am by paintmaster

» Piano Black UFW12 mint....$300 reduced
Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:22 pm by mobileusa

» Klipsch Klipschorns Restored by Greg Roberts
Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 8:17 am by quantx

» engulfaudio
Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 8:12 am by Admin

» Melody I880 For Sale
Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 6:15 am by mobileusa

» M&K S150 THX system
Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 9:00 pm by ch46eseaknight

» The New Setup at our Townhouse
Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 8:44 am by mobileusa

» FS Oppo BDP 93
Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 8:15 am by petros the plumber

» WANTED AV123- ONIX SERIES INTERGRATEDS 60'S & 120'S & CD/PLAYERs
Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 12:07 pm by oddjobs

3 posters

Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs

alphaiii

Number of posts : 6
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs Empty Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs

Post  alphaiii February 6th 2009, 10:38 am

Monoprice's deal of the day is their closed-screw type banana plugs for $0.94/pr.

They aren't the best plugs I've tried (BJC compression type and Lowe's set screw type are both better IMO), but at that price, I ordered a few more pair.

Anyone looking to make cheap DIY speaker cables - this deal just might help you out.

Enjoy!
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs Empty Re: Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs

Post  mobileusa February 6th 2009, 2:57 pm

nice find for the DIY cable connectors.... Very Happy
    etcarroll

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs Empty Re: Need banana plugs for DIY speaker cables - Monoprice sale on banana plugs

Post  etcarroll February 6th 2009, 3:15 pm

mobileusa wrote:nice find for the DIY cable connectors.... Very Happy

I bought 15 pairs of them to wire up my 7.1 system, they were nice to work with.
    alphaiii

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post  alphaiii February 8th 2009, 12:10 am

I found with these that removing the red or black plastic piece between the two parts of the plug allows for a tight connection on the wire. This may not be necessary with 10 or 12 awg wire, but with the 16 awg I had, it definitely was.

With the plastic piece still between the other two parts, it was obvious there was wiggle room inside the plug, and I could freely spin the speaker wire. I've connected both 16 and 14 awg wire to these plugs with that plastic spacer removed and the connection is much tighter to the wire - no back and forth wiggle or freely spinning wire.

Just a tip if anyone feels these are not snug enough on their speaker wires.
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post  mobileusa February 8th 2009, 12:29 pm

alphaiii wrote:I found with these that removing the red or black plastic piece between the two parts of the plug allows for a tight connection on the wire. This may not be necessary with 10 or 12 awg wire, but with the 16 awg I had, it definitely was.

With the plastic piece still between the other two parts, it was obvious there was wiggle room inside the plug, and I could freely spin the speaker wire. I've connected both 16 and 14 awg wire to these plugs with that plastic spacer removed and the connection is much tighter to the wire - no back and forth wiggle or freely spinning wire.

Just a tip if anyone feels these are not snug enough on their speaker wires.

That's exactly what I did to mine....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 8:28 am