AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

AudiutopiA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AudiutopiA

Audioenjoyment

Latest topics

»  Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player / Transport
Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2013, 11:13 am by paintmaster

» Piano Black UFW12 mint....$300 reduced
Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:22 pm by mobileusa

» Klipsch Klipschorns Restored by Greg Roberts
Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 8:17 am by quantx

» engulfaudio
Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 8:12 am by Admin

» Melody I880 For Sale
Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 6:15 am by mobileusa

» M&K S150 THX system
Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 9:00 pm by ch46eseaknight

» The New Setup at our Townhouse
Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 8:44 am by mobileusa

» FS Oppo BDP 93
Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 8:15 am by petros the plumber

» WANTED AV123- ONIX SERIES INTERGRATEDS 60'S & 120'S & CD/PLAYERs
Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 12:07 pm by oddjobs

+9
skeeter99
ch46eseaknight
woofersus
edoggrc51
Larry D
jedinite24
Hugh
se-riously
mobileusa
13 posters

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA....

mobileusa
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Empty Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA....

Post  mobileusa March 24th 2010, 4:17 pm

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Lcr19190458

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Lcr29251405

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Lcr39287823

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Lcr49330610
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Empty Re: Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA....

Post  mobileusa March 24th 2010, 4:23 pm

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Lcr59551817

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Lcr69588818

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Lcr79647243

Last edited by mobileusa on March 24th 2010, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Empty Re: Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA....

Post  mobileusa March 24th 2010, 4:23 pm

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Lcr89706955

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Lcr99746143
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa March 24th 2010, 5:01 pm

these will have No Rez pre installed!! Laughing
    se-riously

Number of posts : 9
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post  se-riously March 24th 2010, 5:27 pm

Interesting.... Looks like an enlarged Ref 100 cabinet, with a Vifa tweeter and the 7" Atohm drivers from a Ref 3.
    Hugh

Number of posts : 186
    Thanked by peers : 28
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

Post  Hugh March 24th 2010, 5:29 pm

How can you tell B? Wink Smile
    se-riously wrote:Interesting.... Looks like an enlarged Ref 100 cabinet, with a Vifa tweeter and the 7" Atohm drivers from a Ref 3.
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa March 24th 2010, 5:31 pm

ahhh, but a special XO Like a Star @ heaven
    jedinite24

Number of posts : 39
    Thanked by peers : 3
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post  jedinite24 March 24th 2010, 6:30 pm

Wow those are some really nice, solid looking speakers.
    Larry D

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2009-02-03

Post  Larry D March 24th 2010, 8:01 pm

Is this speaker going to be able like the AV123 X-CS (I believe) to also function as L-R mains. The reason I ask I was surprised when Mark told me he had used his as mains. My question had been the same as to you, i.e., if it could function as mains because it was not "ported" and was a "sealed" enclosure which meant that it was designed to be placed closer to the back wall (or a tv, whatever), and that was important because our listening room was small and I couldn't allow main speakers to be pulled out 2-3-4 feet into the room. Just curious. If the answer is positive, that would be an additional good selling point for these speakers. Good luck. Larry
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 24th 2010, 8:04 pm

Larry,

They are rear ported.

Larry D wrote:Is this speaker going to be able like the AV123 X-CS (I believe) to also function as L-R mains. The reason I ask I was surprised when Mark told me he had used his as mains. My question had been the same as to you, i.e., if it could function as mains because it was not "ported" and was a "sealed" enclosure which meant that it was designed to be placed closer to the back wall (or a tv, whatever), and that was important because our listening room was small and I couldn't allow main speakers to be pulled out 2-3-4 feet into the room. Just curious. If the answer is positive, that would be an additional good selling point for these speakers. Good luck. Larry
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa March 24th 2010, 8:09 pm

But the use of these as LR is highly recommended....
    edoggrc51
    edoggrc51

Number of posts : 6
    Thanked by peers : 10
    Registration date : 2010-03-24

Post  edoggrc51 March 24th 2010, 8:11 pm

Hi Hugh! Congrats on the speaker, it looks GREAT!

So when's my audition?? Very Happy
    woofersus
    woofersus

Number of posts : 77
    Thanked by peers : 5
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post  woofersus March 24th 2010, 8:11 pm

Hugh wrote:Larry,

They are rear ported.

Larry D wrote:Is this speaker going to be able like the AV123 X-CS (I believe) to also function as L-R mains. The reason I ask I was surprised when Mark told me he had used his as mains. My question had been the same as to you, i.e., if it could function as mains because it was not "ported" and was a "sealed" enclosure which meant that it was designed to be placed closer to the back wall (or a tv, whatever), and that was important because our listening room was small and I couldn't allow main speakers to be pulled out 2-3-4 feet into the room. Just curious. If the answer is positive, that would be an additional good selling point for these speakers. Good luck. Larry

There are both ported and sealed designs that can be used as mains. It's just one of many design decisions. The only downside of the X-CS as mains was that they didn't have quite the bass extension as the ported versions. Of course, these were designed to be budget speakers, and there are always cost trade-offs to be made there. Also, many center channels are ported, like these.

In the case of Hugh's new LCR's, they were specifically designed to function as center/left/right. I don't have the final specs yet, but they are ported speakers that should have pretty decent low end oomph given the 7" atohm drivers. Plus, the front three will match perfectly, which is important for a seamless front stage. Should have most of the Ref 3 sound for 2-channel and be MUCH better than the old Ref 100 for HT. I'm looking forward to my turn to demo them! Very Happy
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa March 24th 2010, 8:15 pm

7"?...nice!...not to mention the new XO design...
    woofersus wrote:

They are rear ported.

There are both ported and sealed designs that can be used as mains. It's just one of many design decisions. The only downside of the X-CS as mains was that they didn't have quite the bass extension as the ported versions. Of course, these were designed to be budget speakers, and there are always cost trade-offs to be made there. Also, many center channels are ported, like these.

In the case of Hugh's new LCR's, they were specifically designed to function as center/left/right. I don't have the final specs yet, but they are ported speakers that should have pretty decent low end oomph given the 7" atohm drivers. Plus, the front three will match perfectly, which is important for a seamless front stage. Should have most of the Ref 3 sound for 2-channel and be MUCH better than the old Ref 100 for HT. I'm looking forward to my turn to demo them! Very Happy
    Laughing Laughing
    woofersus
    woofersus

Post  woofersus March 24th 2010, 8:19 pm

Hugh can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Ref 3's woofers are 7 inchers. The old Ref 100 used the smaller drivers from the Ref 1's and 2's. Should be a nice upgrade. The importance of the NoRez should not be underestimated either - especially when using as a center channel.

mobileusa wrote:7"?...nice!...not to mention the new XO design...
    woofersus wrote:

They are rear ported.

Laughing Laughing
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa March 24th 2010, 8:29 pm

rear pics...of the LCR

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Rear14366558

Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Rear24402385
    mobileusa
    mobileusa

Post  mobileusa March 24th 2010, 8:34 pm

Port looks very nice....
    ch46eseaknight

Number of posts : 106
    Thanked by peers : 3
    Registration date : 2009-02-27

Post  ch46eseaknight March 24th 2010, 9:37 pm

Great looking cabinets! Are thoes Vifa tweeters?
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 24th 2010, 9:38 pm

They are indeed 7".
    woofersus wrote:Hugh can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Ref 3's woofers are 7 inchers. The old Ref 100 used the smaller drivers from the Ref 1's and 2's. Should be a nice upgrade. The importance of the NoRez should not be underestimated either - especially when using as a center channel.

mobileusa wrote:7"?...nice!...not to mention the new XO design...
    woofersus wrote:

They are rear ported.

Laughing Laughing
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 24th 2010, 9:38 pm

Yes they are.
    ch46eseaknight wrote:Great looking cabinets! Are thoes Vifa tweeters?
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 24th 2010, 9:39 pm

Thanks Eric,

Soon.
    edoggrc51 wrote:Hi Hugh! Congrats on the speaker, it looks GREAT!

edoggrc51
    edoggrc51

Thanked by peers : 10
    Registration date : 2010-03-24

Post  edoggrc51 March 25th 2010, 1:12 am

Hugh wrote:Thanks Eric,

Soon.
    edoggrc51 wrote:Hi Hugh! Congrats on the speaker, it looks GREAT!

SA-WEET!! cheers

If there's anything I can help you out with, do not hesitate to ask my friend. Very Happy
    skeeter99
    skeeter99

Number of posts : 89
    Thanked by peers : 6

Post  skeeter99 March 25th 2010, 8:06 am

Hugh those look fantastic! Well done my friend I really think you've got a great product on your hands. I really wish I could have taken you up on your offer Sad Next time and good luck with these, I can't wait to hear them!!

Scott
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 25th 2010, 8:32 am

Mr. AH,

Thanks Scott.

This is just the beginning. Wink Smile

Call me if you change your mind.
    skeeter99 wrote:Hugh those look fantastic! Well done my friend I really think you've got a great product on your hands. I really wish I could have taken you up on your offer Sad Next time and good luck with these, I can't wait to hear them!!

Scott
    skeeter99
    skeeter99

Post  skeeter99 March 25th 2010, 8:46 am

Hugh wrote:Mr. AH,

Thanks Scott.

Hugh, will do my friend! If I could offload my Mini's and Voce for a good price I could scrape together the rest of the money ... I'm sure this will be a fantastic setup and I can't wait to hear what you, Sean and the rest of your team think of them cheers

Scott
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 25th 2010, 11:38 am

I'll find out how good the L/R will be once we got to install the networks in them.
    skeeter99 wrote:

Thanks Scott.

Hugh, will do my friend! If I could offload my Mini's and Voce for a good price I could scrape together the rest of the money ... I'm sure this will be a fantastic setup and I can't wait to hear what you, Sean and the rest of your team think of them cheers

Scott
    woofersus
    woofersus

Post  woofersus March 25th 2010, 12:13 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict they sound significantly better with crossovers.... Razz

Hugh wrote:I'll find out how good the L/R will be once we got to install the networks in them.
    skeeter99 wrote:

Thanks Scott.

Scott
    skeeter99
    skeeter99

Post  skeeter99 March 25th 2010, 12:40 pm

woofersus wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict they sound significantly better with crossovers.... Razz

Pure conjecture, I don't agree with that statement of assumption at all!

Suspect
    Jamie Crane

Registration date : 2010-03-04

Post  Jamie Crane March 25th 2010, 12:46 pm

Did I miss the mention of price and when they will be available?
    Are there plans for a tower of some sort?

Thanks

Jamie
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 25th 2010, 12:48 pm

No pricing defined yet and we're looking at 5 months from now for full scale production delivery, providing there will not be any major rework.

I may come up with a tower later this year and then next year will a flagship model.

Thanks,
    Jamie Crane wrote:Did I miss the mention of price and when they will be available?
    Are there plans for a tower of some sort?

Thanks

Jamie
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 25th 2010, 12:49 pm

You guys are making me missed the good old days over there when we all get together to share our stories. Sad Very Happy
    skeeter99 wrote:
    woofersus wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict they sound significantly better with crossovers.... Razz

Pure conjecture, I don't agree with that statement of assumption at all!

Suspect
    skeeter99
    skeeter99

Post  skeeter99 March 25th 2010, 3:11 pm

Hugh wrote:You guys are making me missed the good old days over there when we all get together to share our stories. Sad Very Happy

Those were the good 'ole days but those are LONG gone now so we'll just have to make our own now bounce

Here's to Mr. Hugh's new dynasty farao

Very Happy
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 25th 2010, 4:23 pm

cheers Very Happy
    skeeter99 wrote:
    Hugh wrote:You guys are making me missed the good old days over there when we all get together to share our stories. Sad Very Happy

Those were the good 'ole days but those are LONG gone now so we'll just have to make our own now bounce

Here's to Mr. Hugh's new dynasty farao

Very Happy
    etcarroll

Number of posts : 16

Post  etcarroll March 25th 2010, 4:33 pm

mobileusa wrote:ahhh, but a special XO Like a Star @ heaven

And what's special about it?
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 25th 2010, 4:42 pm

I wonder about that too. Wink Smile
    etcarroll wrote:

skeeter99
    skeeter99

Post  skeeter99 March 25th 2010, 4:44 pm

Hugh wrote:I wonder about that too. Wink Smile
    etcarroll wrote:

I hear the drum beat of enthusiasm for new REAL products being drummed up bounce
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 25th 2010, 4:59 pm

Yes Sir. Smile

Actually, instead of maximizing profits by using 'inexpensive' parts, I aim for the least amount of profit for the most bang for your buck.

Will see if I'll lose my shirt on this. Very Happy
    skeeter99 wrote:
    etcarroll wrote:

I hear the drum beat of enthusiasm for new REAL products being drummed up bounce
    woofersus
    woofersus

Post  woofersus March 25th 2010, 6:28 pm

He ain't kidding. The "ingredients list" for these is fairly impressive.

Hugh wrote:Yes Sir. Smile

Actually, instead of maximizing profits by using 'inexpensive' parts, I aim for the least amount of profit for the most bang for your buck.

skeeter99 wrote:
    etcarroll wrote:

skeeter99
    skeeter99

Post  skeeter99 March 25th 2010, 7:13 pm

Hugh wrote:Yes Sir. Smile

woofersus wrote:He ain't kidding. The "ingredients list" for these is fairly impressive.

There's no drooling smiley so here's my own Premier pictures of the LCR by ACA.... Drool
    skeeter99
    skeeter99

Post  skeeter99 March 25th 2010, 7:16 pm

How big are these suckers btw Question
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 25th 2010, 7:26 pm

C: 9x12x24
    L/R: 9x16x24
    skeeter99 wrote:How big are these suckers btw Question
    skeeter99
    skeeter99

Post  skeeter99 March 25th 2010, 7:30 pm

Hugh wrote:C: 9x12x24

So are the L/R's tuned lower then given the larger cabinet? The look monstrous ... which is Suh-Weet affraid
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 25th 2010, 7:30 pm

Yup
    skeeter99 wrote:
    Hugh wrote:C: 9x12x24

So are the L/R's tuned lower then given the larger cabinet? The look monstrous ... which is Suh-Weet affraid
    skeeter99
    skeeter99

Post  skeeter99 March 25th 2010, 7:32 pm

Hugh wrote:Yup

Mmm ... yummy cyclops

Anybody wanna set of Mini's and an X-Voce in mint condition?? bounce
    se-riously

Post  se-riously March 26th 2010, 10:56 pm

Hi Hugh,

Since I'm already 1 for 1 on the tweeter and drivers, I'm going with my crystal ball and I'm going to guess the innards with the focus on bang-for-buck:

1) NoRez (I know you gave that one away already)
    2) Danny Richie designed 2nd order XO
    3) Sonicap with a G2 bypass cap on the tweeter circuit
    4) Erse Pulse X cap on the driver circuit with a G2 bypass cap
    5) Inductors and resistors will be the standard type for cost reasons
    6) The tweeter circuit will be designed to cross over somewhere around 1900 to 2000 Hz
    7) +/- 3dB point of 35 Hz

How am I doing?

B
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 27th 2010, 7:00 am

Morning B,

You are real close. Smile

Thanks
    se-riously wrote:Hi Hugh,

Since I'm already 1 for 1 on the tweeter and drivers, I'm going with my crystal ball and I'm going to guess the innards with the focus on bang-for-buck:

1) NoRez (I know you gave that one away already)
    2) Danny Richie designed 2nd order XO
    3) Sonicap with a G2 bypass cap on the tweeter circuit
    4) Erse Pulse X cap on the driver circuit with a G2 bypass cap
    5) Inductors and resistors will be the standard type for cost reasons
    6) The tweeter circuit will be designed to cross over somewhere around 1900 to 2000 Hz
    7) +/- 3dB point of 35 Hz

How am I doing?

B
    washburn
    washburn

Number of posts : 26

Post  washburn March 27th 2010, 6:57 pm

what's the impedance on those?
    se-riously

Post  se-riously March 27th 2010, 8:52 pm

washburn wrote:what's the impedance on those?

My crystal ball says 5 ohms.
    skeeter99
    skeeter99

Post  skeeter99 March 27th 2010, 8:59 pm

se-riously wrote:
    washburn wrote:what's the impedance on those?

My crystal ball says 5 ohms.

Nah I think its closer to 4.36572niner Laughing
    Hugh

Post  Hugh March 28th 2010, 1:12 pm

4Ohms. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is October 18th 2024, 3:52 am