AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

AudiutopiA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AudiutopiA

Audioenjoyment

Latest topics

»  Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player / Transport
GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2013, 11:13 am by paintmaster

» Piano Black UFW12 mint....$300 reduced
GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:22 pm by mobileusa

» Klipsch Klipschorns Restored by Greg Roberts
GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 8:17 am by quantx

» engulfaudio
GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 8:12 am by Admin

» Melody I880 For Sale
GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 6:15 am by mobileusa

» M&K S150 THX system
GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 9:00 pm by ch46eseaknight

» The New Setup at our Townhouse
GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 8:44 am by mobileusa

» FS Oppo BDP 93
GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 8:15 am by petros the plumber

» WANTED AV123- ONIX SERIES INTERGRATEDS 60'S & 120'S & CD/PLAYERs
GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 12:07 pm by oddjobs

3 posters

GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets??

johzel
    johzel

Number of posts : 81
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? Empty GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets??

Post  johzel April 24th 2010, 7:33 am

Just came across this thread on Audio Circle.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=80417.0

Sean, are these the Fallen cabinets you would be using to build and sell Danny's N3's? Wow, I really like the grey - gorgeous!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 171
    Thanked by peers : 4
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? Empty Re: GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets??

Post  Admin April 24th 2010, 9:35 am

... those are nice!
    The Ninja

Number of posts : 29
    Thanked by peers : 13
    Registration date : 2010-03-31

GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets?? Empty Re: GR Research N3 Speakers - Sean, are these your cabinets??

Post  The Ninja April 26th 2010, 5:44 pm

We will be supplying the networks for these only. Fallen Enclosures will be the final sale point for them Smile
    johzel
    johzel

Post  johzel April 29th 2010, 6:45 am

The Ninja wrote:We will be supplying the networks for these only. Fallen Enclosures will be the final sale point for them Smile

As a relative newbie to this hobby I'm finding it confusing trying to figure out who's who? Danny is of GR Research and designs speakers, Sean is the Ninja and sells upgrades and also Onix, now I find Reuben who's from Fallen Enclosers, then I've been to the Elemental Design website, Seaton makes subs?, there's Craig who has a website and a couple of products, I've come across Salk (what do they make?), and I'm guessing there's many others as well? Is there a thread anywhere that explains all of this - sort of a who's who of internet direct audo? Was interested in the N3 speakers but can't figure out all my build options or even why someone like Danny just doesn't completely build the speakers in the first place - hence, I'm finding it more simple to just go the conventional route of visiting my local audio salon and buying the Maggies. Thanks. I know, keep hanging out on these forums and sooner or later you'll figure it all out Smile
    The Ninja

Post  The Ninja April 29th 2010, 8:02 am

It is confusing for sure.

GR designs speakers - they are not a speaker builder. Danny designs speakers for an array of companies so that keeps him plenty busy.

Skiing Ninja builds networks and supplies networks to companies that don't want to run 500 PCB's (that is the general minimum).

Fallen Enclosures builds cabinets and will be the 'dealer' for the finished product which includes GR N3 kit and Skiing Ninja built networks.

Skiing Ninja will also likely be able to sell finished N3's as well as other GR speakers. We already sell finished N2X's for just under $1K.
    The Ninja

Post  The Ninja April 29th 2010, 8:02 am

Salk is their own company that designs and builds excellent speakers.
    johzel
    johzel

Post  johzel April 29th 2010, 8:12 am

The Ninja wrote:It is confusing for sure.

GR designs speakers - they are not a speaker builder. Danny designs speakers for an array of companies so that keeps him plenty busy.

Skiing Ninja builds networks and supplies networks to companies that don't want to run 500 PCB's (that is the general minimum).

Fallen Enclosures builds cabinets and will be the 'dealer' for the finished product which includes GR N3 kit and Skiing Ninja built networks.

Skiing Ninja will also likely be able to sell finished N3's as well as other GR speakers. We already sell finished N2X's for just under $1K.

Hey. Thanks. So there will be a place to buy finished GR speakers - one stop shopping and that will be Fallen (a.k.a. Reuben) and Skiing Ninja? Correct? Seaton (who's that?), Craig, ED, Kevin (you do sub mods is that right?) etc. Or are they "competitors" to the above named people? Those grey N3's from Reuben still have me drooling . . . anyone want to comment how on they might compare to my Quad 22L2's, or the new Maggie 1.7's, or the Onix Reference 3's, or the Mini's for that matter? Looking for a comparison.
    The Ninja

Post  The Ninja April 30th 2010, 11:18 am

>>
    So there will be a place to buy finished GR speakers - one stop shopping and that will be Fallen (a.k.a. Reuben) and Skiing Ninja? Correct?
    <<

Yep!

>>
    Seaton (who's that?)
    <<

Mark Seaton - Seaton Sound. He designs and builds subs and speakers. He used to work with as an engineer AV123 but no longer.

>>
    Craig
    <<

www.tweakcityaudio.com He has a few products and more in development. Speakers, subs, integrated amps. Known as "craigsub" on the net.

>>
    Kevin (you do sub mods is that right?)
    <<

ONIX dealer and fellow enthusiast. He is building upgrades for the AV123 UFW-12 and MFW-15. He has his own company as well for this.

>>
    Or are they "competitors" to the above named people?
    <<

Some are competitors but we're all a big family really.

>>
    Those grey N3's from Reuben still have me drooling . . . anyone want to comment how on they might compare to my Quad 22L2's, or the new Maggie 1.7's, or the Onix Reference 3's, or the Mini's for that matter? Looking for a comparison.
    <<

Have not heard the N3 yet - just the N2X. Never heard the Q22L2's either, nor the 1.7 - just the 1.6. Sorry I can't run a good comparo for you. Maybe someone else here can.

Thanks!

N
    johzel
    johzel

Post  johzel May 4th 2010, 7:21 am

The Ninja wrote:We will be supplying the networks for these only. Fallen Enclosures will be the final sale point for them Smile

Sean,

Still very much interested in these - I could delay that decision on the Maggies Smile . Do you have any idea as to when these N3's and all the cabinet options will actually be available? I don't believe Reuben has a website up and running yet does he? Just curious what the anticipated release dates will be. Or is that a question better directed to Reuben?

Thanks,
    jrz
    The Ninja

Post  The Ninja May 4th 2010, 10:42 am

Sounds good John!

N3's - That would be best directed to Ruben as I don't know his time frame. Sorry!

fallenenclosures@yahoo.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 7:34 pm