AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AudiutopiA

Welcome to AudiutopiA!

audioenjoyment.....

AudiutopiA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AudiutopiA

Audioenjoyment

Latest topics

»  Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player / Transport
Dynaco A-25 Speakers I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2013, 11:13 am by paintmaster

» Piano Black UFW12 mint....$300 reduced
Dynaco A-25 Speakers I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:22 pm by mobileusa

» Klipsch Klipschorns Restored by Greg Roberts
Dynaco A-25 Speakers I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 8:17 am by quantx

» engulfaudio
Dynaco A-25 Speakers I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 8:12 am by Admin

» Melody I880 For Sale
Dynaco A-25 Speakers I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 6:15 am by mobileusa

» M&K S150 THX system
Dynaco A-25 Speakers I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 9:00 pm by ch46eseaknight

» The New Setup at our Townhouse
Dynaco A-25 Speakers I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 8:44 am by mobileusa

» FS Oppo BDP 93
Dynaco A-25 Speakers I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 8:15 am by petros the plumber

» WANTED AV123- ONIX SERIES INTERGRATEDS 60'S & 120'S & CD/PLAYERs
Dynaco A-25 Speakers I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 12:07 pm by oddjobs

Dynaco A-25 Speakers

Larry D

Number of posts : 47
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2009-02-03

Dynaco A-25 Speakers Empty Dynaco A-25 Speakers

Post  Larry D April 16th 2010, 3:16 am

I bought a pair of vintage Dynaco A-25 speakers. I got word today that they have shipped FEDEX and should arrive soon. I can't wait to listen to them. I know they're 30 years old... but I'm more than double that. Hal said they are in good shape but will need some new grill cloth.

That's about it for me buying old speakers for a while. I have enough projects to keep me busy for a long time. Right now we 're cleaning up the farm. The soybeans were sewn this week. Several dump trucks of turkey manure were spread... oiye! I woke up from my nap the other morning and came downstairs and told my wife, "I think the cat pooped under the bed!" The guys are cleaning out a big sassafras thicket out back behind the chicken pens that has just take over and thinned out some trees. Yesterday they dug six holes and planted some roses for me. I take my wife to physical therapy three times a week. I've got parts of a recumbant exercise cycle for her laying all over the exercise room. Hopefully, we'll get it together. I know it's late but I found about a dozen packets of last year's tomato seed, so I dug out the seed starting trays and mix and got that ready. Tomorrow I'll plant some seeds and see if they grown. I like the 'Italian Tree Tomato' or 'Climbing Triple Crop'. The vine can grow up to 25' but usually it's more like 15'. Mine last year didn't do very well.

Well, lookie there, I hijacked my own thread before it got off the ground. Once things slow down a bit I'm looking forward to listening to the classic A-25's. That's kind of anticlimatic. Maybe it was a good thing.
    Larry D

Number of posts : 47
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2009-02-03

Dynaco A-25 Speakers Empty Re: Dynaco A-25 Speakers

Post  Larry D April 21st 2010, 4:33 am

Not that anybody is really interested! But... my A-25s arrived tonight from Hal by FEDEX in perfect condition, not a scratch, poke or dent in the boxes.

Did I mention that the AR3as came last week? My wife can't believe I bought more speakers! I told her this is a one time thing, I just happened to find two of my all time favorite vintage speakers for sale at good prices, so I jumped at the opportunity.

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 3:26 am